sreda, 17. oktober 2007

Improvisational arts

Heyyy!
It'll be in English, for it is much easier, even for me, and for about 99,8 percent of the world's population as well, if I don't publish in Slovenian.
What's it about? The word is out, the heat is on ... improvisational theatre.


It's a little something I've been engaged with for the past .. 7 years ... (hm - Egypt, here I come;) When I start seeing images of skinny and well-fed cows, trust me, I'll call a doctor;)
This would sort of be it, in a nut-shell:

Improvisational theatre allows an interactive relationship with the audience. Improv groups frequently solicit suggestions from the audience as a source of inspiration, a way of getting the audience involved, and as a means of proving that the performance is not scripted. That charge is sometimes aimed at the masters of the art, whose performances can seem so detailed that viewers may suspect the scenes were planned.

cited from Wikipedia.


So - if ever you have the guts, try it! It takes a bit of time to get started, but if you have somebody to "spake unto", 's no problemman! But the same pattern shows itself to us: it takes years and a lot of painstaking effort to truly master it. If ever you can, my young padawan.
Over and out.

Ni komentarjev: